The Military Pension Board is saddled with dual mandate of payment of gratuity and pension to retirees of the Nigerian Armed Forces and to provide financial advice and ... payment of the death benefits to Next-of-Kin of deceased personnel. The Board is technically under the office of the Honorable Minister of Defense and administratively under the office of the Chief of Defense Staff.
The Military Pensions Board was established in 1975 as the Directorate of Military Pensions (DPM). Hitherto, the payment of pensions and other benefits to the Military retirees was handled by the Federal Ministry of Establishment up to 1974. It was named Military Pensions Assessments Board (MPAB) due to massive retirement after civil war. The ... name, Military Pensions Board (MPB) took effect in 2003 after major restructuring which necessitated the droping of the name, DPM. For the Board to discharge its statutory responsibilities effectively, the MPB is divided into four directorates namely: Directorate of Army Pensions, Directorate of Navy Pensions, Directorate of Air Force Pensions and Directorate of Finance and Accounts (DFA). The Military Pension Board is chaired by a personnel called the Chairman Military Pensions Board, who is currently Major General AB Adamu. The Directorate of Finance and Accounts (DFA) is headed by a Director from the Nigerian Army Finance Corps, who is currently Brigadier General JA Faransa.
Major General AB Adamu
- Nigerian Insitute of Management
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria
- Institute of Chartered Economics of Nigeria
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Brigadier General AM Inuwa
- A Bachelors of Science (Hons) Degree in Economics.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA - Finance).
- The Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) - Fellow.
- Chartered Institute of Economist of Nigeria (CIEN) - Member.
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria (ICPAN) - Fellow.
- Institute of Supervision and Leadership (ISL) - Member.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Nigeria (IMAN) - Member.
- National Institute (mni) - Member.
- Forces Service Star (FSS)
- Meritorious Service Star (MSS)
- Pass Staff Course - PSC(+)
- Field Command Medal (FCM)
- General Operations Medal (GOM)
- Golden Jubilee Medal (GJM)
- Centenary Medal (CM)
- African Union Mission in Sudan (AMIS)
- United Nation African Hybrid Mission in Darfur (UNAMID)
- Operational Harbin Kunama I, II and III